For all those who are not sure if they should jailbreak their iPhone 3G? Read here.

For those who have already done that, here is the list of apps you should have in your jailbreaked iPhone 3G.


Cycorder: One of the many things missing in iPhone is video recording facility. This app lets you record videos is easy and quick way. You can also transfer these videos to your PC. I am still to figure that out.


BiteSMS: Yet another feature we all sorely miss is forwarding messages. BiteSMS is a simple and easy to use app which lets you forward and delete messages. MySMS is another similar and feature rich app. I don’t use it because BiteSMS gives me the basic feature of forwarding sms I am looking for.

MxTube: You Tube app in iPhone lets you bookmark your favourite videos. But each time you want to check out those videos or show it to some of your friends, you need wifi connection. MxTube lets you download your favourite videos right in your iPhone. It also has search option.

Snapture: Mr. Steve, so what if you have not given me a zoom option in my iPhone camera. I now have Snapture. With Snapture you get zoom feature, colour mode feature, and burst option.

MakeItMine: This app lets you customize the carrier logo and the time to any name and number that you want. A simple and no-nonsense app. Check the screenshot below.


iSpazio Dockflow : Do you like the album cover flow feature in the iTunes? Now you can get the same look to your dock. This one is visually stunning. Check the screenshot below.



Famous Quotes Widget: If you are found of quotes then you will surely love this app. This app gives you a new quote on the lock screen every time you are about to unlock the screen.

Firefox Safari2: If you are a Firefox fan or want to give a new look to your safari browser, then this is the app you need get. It does not have any of Firefox features except for the looks.

Five Icon Dock: Ever wished you could fit in one more app to you dock? Well, your wish comes true with this five icon dock. So now stack your favourite and most used icon along with four others.

Genesis of this post: I am about to upgrade my iPhone from firmware 2.1 to 2.2.1. I did not upgrade to 2.2 bcoz I did not want to install my cydia apps all over again. So I have jotted down all the apps and themes I will have once I upgrade my iPhone.

Please note, I might have missed out of few interesting and useful apps. But this list is based on my limited knowledge and personal usage of the apps. More suggestions are always welcome.

0 comments:

Post a Comment